Sunday, July 27, 2014

Summer Reads: Land of the Lone Star series

Most of you have probably never heard of  Land of the Lone Star series. This is a series by Tracie Peterson. I absolutely love almost all books by her! She is a phenomenal writer as her books are filled with such captivating power against the reader, you can't help but fall in love.

I read Chasing the Sun and was not disappointed. It had everything I loved: romance, history, suspense, and most importantly were Christian values!

I read book number two, Touching the Sky. As I began, I was highly disappointed! Usually I'll read her trilogy's because they have a distinct connection and this book in no way seemed to have connected. About halfway through, we reconnect with 2 of the male characters from book one. It was a pleasant surprise! As stated, this book began atypically and the focus was on 4 new characters, not really continuing the story from the first. Of course, this book still had everything I love about Tracie Peterson's books!

Book three, Taming the Wind, picks up shortly after book two and follow a young lad from book one and a southern belle from book two. Peterson combines the two families shared individually and pairs them up wonderfully creating a third family by the end of this series. Again it has everything I love, including the adrineline pumping adventure because of worry for the main character.

Although I was thoroughly saddened by a lack of connection at the beginning of book two, I was ecstatic about the plot twist making the connection!  

I have read at least one series every summer by Tracie Peterson and am rarely disappointed! If you get a chance, go to your local library and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment