Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Summer Reads: Hunger Game series

So I have finally read the Hunger Games series! I'm the person who tends to watch the movies first, then read the books. I guess I'm just weird like that! :) 

SPOILER ALERT BELOW!

Anywho, I enjoyed the series... It was heartbreaking to say the least, to have a country so destroyed and the people at continuous war (or so it seems). I thought that it was great that Peeta was the one who ended with Katniss in the end... He was her yang to her yin... His peacefulness calmed her passionate, firery side and even though he may have "deserved better" as both Katniss and Haymitch stated, Gale was not completely right for her. He was too easy to anger and didn't forgive easily. He did usually come around and soften his heart but, in most cases the damage had been done. I am a softy for friendships and I am sad that Gale and Katniss could no longer be friends but with all that had happened, with Prim all the way to the beginning of the series, their friendship seemed toxic in the end. 

It's a decent series... I liked it well enough to have read it once but, I can't say I'd ever read it again. Who knows? 

No comments:

Post a Comment