Sunday, June 11, 2017

FHE: Obedience (Toddler Edition)

Reflection: This FHE lesson turned out pretty well for our first one. The kiddos enjoyed the Treasure Hunt and the video with the lesson. Our oldest was telling grandma all about it this morning while I was getting a cavity filled.


Background: I am a convert. My first experience with FHE was with the Young Single Adult ward I was in which was fun, but not as lesson-oriented as most FHE's. We did a few after my husband and I got married with his whole family and a few on our own. We really have not done a lot of them and with our schedules it was very difficult so we didn't do it. Now, Josh's schedule aligns with my schedule and it is important so we are giving this another go. Any advise, I would love along the way!!!


Opening Prayer: Dad


Scripture: John 14:15 or Exodus 20:12

Lesson: Tell the children what to watch for in the video. Watch The Sting of the Scorpion (my first thought was to watch Obedience Brings Blessings, but the other video is shorter which will hopefully keep their attention and not lose it.) Ask the following questions during and/or after the video.
  • What happened to the boy(s)?
  • What did the boy(s) know he(they) should not have done?
  • Who told the boy he should protect his feet (not use matches)?
  • What has the boy learned to do? Why?
  • Have you made similar choices to this boy?
  • What can you do to start making good choices? How can I support you? 
Activity: Treasure Hunt/Coloring Page 
The idea for the treasure hunt and most of the FHE lesson came from here

Treasure Hunt Clues found here.
Coloring Page found here.

Closing Prayer: Oldest DD

Treat: Popsicle (possibly tie into treasure hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment