Friday, September 18, 2015

New Family Update

Whew! It's been a crazy month. I had my precious baby girl 4 weeks ago. I keep thinking I need to update this, but with 2 little ones I've been learning to balance my time a little more wisely. Let me tell you what, I'm actually a little scared to return to work in a month because I know it'll be a balancing act, something I'm not very good at. 

Anyway, enough about me for a moment and let me introduce Baby Girl! 
This is her at 6 days old. It's fun to compare how much both my girls look alike at a week old. 
That face is just too adorable! I'm calling her my miracle baby... I didn't take care of myself like I should have during the pregnancy (but nothing stupid either!), and then to have her in a dangerous delivery situation had I not had her by c-section which I was strongly considering because I desperately wanted a V-Bac would have ended sadly. She is my little miracle baby, and much like my mom, she is a peaceful fighter. She's had some issues with eating and she has been fighting to eat, to swallow, and spit up. She has such a calming, sweet spirit. I can't believe how time has flown with this little one. She is like most babies: she sleeps A LOT, she loves her milk, and she has very messy diapers. She does spit up quite a bit though and she has that same mischievous grin that #1 had when she's filling a diaper. She is already almost sleeping through the night, 5-6 hours at a time. She loves to look at me, Josh, and Little Miss in our eyes when she is awake. It's beautiful to share those moments. 

Big Sister loves to help. 
She constantly wants to hold the baby, help the baby burp, change her diapers, wipe her face when it gets messy, and so much more. She has grown up so much but has a little streak of jealousy too. She also moved into a toddler bed. Now it's getting her to stay in bed... I think it'll be easier once Baby Girl is moved out of our room and into hers. We shall see! 

Josh is still doing security, but has applied for a job. He passed the first stage of testing. Now he is awaiting and preparing for the oral board in 2 weeks. I'm excited for the possible new adventure. 

As for me, I've been a stay at home mom for several months now and have enjoyed it very much! My two girls are truly a blessing. Life will be hard to balance once I go back to work and that scares me because everyone deserves the best of me, especially my girls. 


I love my family and will miss them when I return. But we have a plan and I trust that it'll work out. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment