Saturday, August 13, 2011

Life is what happens...

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" ~John Lennon

Growing up, I never understood this quote. I always had the opinion that life happens because of the plans we make. Little did I know and understand...

Life can change in a heartbeat or a millisecond. Life is constantly changing and we have to learn to adapt. I learned about the changes that life can bring my way between August 2008 and now. I reflected a lot in July and could not believe all the changes that had occurred in my life the past three years.

Change has arrived again... even though I had made other plans.

I heard the school district was not hiring for the coming up school year because of the budget cuts and other things that were occurring. I made the assumption that I would not be teaching this school year. Last week, local schools started calling potential candidates for interviews. I received one of those calls. The first position wasn't right for me (meaning the interview did not go well). The second interview I was called for, I made sure I was prepared and ready. I nailed it! I was offered a fourth grade position.

So now for the change. I had plans to work at my 2 current jobs, at least until January when I heard the district might be hiring teachers. I got the phone call for an interview and I was stunned. All of my plans have now changed. I finally understand, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Now if anyone knows where I can get children's books, classroom supplies and decorations at a low cost or free, please feel free to let me know! I would greatly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment